12.01.2008

sunshine

sounds like: "an airbag saved my life (live)" radiohead

BenSem - Sunshine


A few months ago I was contacted by Sem of the indie rock band, BenSem, to make an alternate video for their new single, "Sunshine". It's an alternate because there already is a video made of personal footage and tour clips. However, the band thought my work was neat and that an alternative animated video would be cool.

I asked Sem to shoot footage of himself and e-mail me a copy of the video. The band is based in Pontypridd, South Wales and naturally couldn't make it to my little Western Massachusetts farm house. Then I shot footage from the window of my car with my crusty old Nikon Coolpix L3. I took pictures exiting Boston on 93 North all the way up until entering Concord, New Hampshire. I shot the wobbly hills of Oak Hill Road a few days later after a hike up to the fire tower with my sister and blake (I took more footage there too). I also shot a week later around Holyoke, Easthampton and Northampton-- a lot of footage is on Mt. Tom!

BenSem's album, Western Lights, comes out in February.

1 comment:

Supermantat said...

Perfect.