6.26.2009

bebe @ hiro

sounds like: "nobody knows you when your down and out" nina simone


(Patrick McMullen's blog has pictures posted)
I am currently working with the Nerdy Duo on a music video for the lovely Bebe Buell. We were invited to go see her perform at the Hiro Ballroom in New York City. It was really exciting and Bebe's performance was really awesome. We got to meet her afterward and presented her with a print of the character model of her for the video. She was so excited she insisted she show her daughter and turned to introduce us to the lovely Liv Tyler. It was really cool so see them both excited about my drawings and... it was nearly midnight and my birthday!

On our way out the door we ran into Brian Blade, who was very fashionable and in my drunkenness felt compelled to remind him how amazing his suit was. :) He is an old tenant of the Nerdy Duo so we stopped and talked for a little bit. After that we ran into a shooting for the new Harry Potter movie. And then my night of celebrity activity ended in Union Square getting on the MTA and heading back to Nyack.

The Bebe Buell video is still in production, though my part is mostly done. I did storyboards and character designs for Bebe and some other characters. I am unable to post any material until production has ended however, so you'll just have to wait! ;)

No comments: