5.25.2010

LOSTmecaf

sounds like: Law and Order: Criminal Intent

I had an awesome time at the Maine Comic Arts Festival. I met some really cool people, saw some friends, hung out in a beautiful convention hall by the sea, talked a lot of LOST, drew a pile of portraits and came home with a huge comic haul! I hope to return next year for more fun! The citizens of Maine are a so personable and sweet!

There was a LOST themed sketchbook going around and I drew a FLocke/Smokey as my contribution. As it was the LOST finale, we had to jet off back to Western Mass early from the festival and made it back just in time to enjoy some cold beer and vegan treats at Shannon and Leah's before the beginning of the end. I was a little overwhelmed by the montages, making out and extreme spiritualization of the final episode, but after Blake (who bleeds Sci-fi) had some insight to share, I am not so dissatisfied with the ending, though I still wish there was a little less montage, a little more action and Kate biting the dust.

As promised, the LOST mini-comic I made for MECAF and the LOST finale is up in the store!

No comments: