2.01.2012

Sketchbook Project


My Sketchbook Project entry finally started it's national journey yesterday with it's first stop being the Brooklyn Art Library. I chose the theme "The Last of the People I Know" and the book chronicals memories from between 2003-2005 which were the years I made the transition from fearless art student into full time working adult.

My illustrations focus on my most pleasant memories from that period - hanging with friends and sussing out our futures over copious amounts of cigarettes and beer, pining over pet cats and mice, playing in silly bands and gazing at the tops of city buildings into the gradient of a magnificent sunset.

At the end of the book there is an envelope containing five photographs from this period in my life that I drew inspiration from, but you'll have to check out my sketchbook to see those! :) The Project is going on a World Tour, although only books from Australia and the UK will actually make it back over the seas. You can check out the tour schedule here.

Check out my completed sketchbook here.

No comments: