3.22.2012

Dany


I'm working on more fan art of some stuff I've been into lately. One of the more dire things I've wanted to draw is Dany with the dragons from the last scene of season one of Game of Thrones. Thrones really suprised me with it's strong female leads and supporting characters. Every woman on this show is a force to be reckoned with - if they don't start out that way, they become that way quickly. I like that and I like seeing that in a television show.

Dany is my favorite and was the most compelling character for me personally. EVERY character is compelling on this show, but she's my favorite. Her storyline offers an it's own traumatic rollercoaster of character development that is good reprieve from all the insanity going on over the iron throne in the other kingdoms... and I can't wait for her to get in on that action and blow all of that hot mess up too.

[HERE BE SPOILER... well, the whole drawing is a spoiler I guess... sorry.]


I'm going to have to make some adjustments, because even though I watched the finale over again tonight, I totally did not comprehend that she was BREASTFEEDING the dragons when they found her in the ashes. That is a detail that cannot be missed. ;)

No comments: