3.21.2009

leslie and the ly's

sounds like: "england swings" roger miller


photo by Nicole Acevedo


Wednesday night Blake and I voyaged to the grand city of Boston for the Leslie and the LY's, BJ Snowden and Stereo Total show at the Middle East Downstairs. This was actually the first LY's show I had the pleasure of viewing and not participating in (though Leslie did call me up as a special guest hype girl for a very accurate album version of "Beatbuster"). It was awesome. Probably the most awesome thing I've seen in a while! There was plenty of stage gimmicks, wicked videos and extreme LY cuteness. Everyone was singing along and dancing their hearts out!

BJ's performance was, as alway, hysterically astounding. She played a new Daisuke Matsuzaka song, her usual bout of school and Canada songs and an amazing minute long "Big Boobs" song prefaced with a joke: "My boobs are so big when I go to the restaurant they just give me a chair and no table. I asked them, 'Why don't you give me a table?' and they said 'Lady, you're boobs are so big you don't need one!" Amazing.

On top of great performances, it was good to see old friends Leslie, Laura, Brooke, Nicole, an abundance of long-time LY fans and finally meet Mona Bonez (who is an expert on trash tv and a delight to hang around). :) I hope it's not to long before we can all convene again.

No comments: