3.29.2009

the workplace: animation stand

sounds like: "de camino a la vereda" buena vista social club

I made an impromptu animation stand tonight. It was quite easy: I put my digital video camera on my tripod, took a light fixture clip and clipped it to the shelf next to my desk and laid the cam and tripod across it, tying it to the light clip for extra support. I added a light source in addition to my desk lantern, but there needs to be another one and they both need to have brighter bulbs. The camera is connected to my computer and I capture the images with a cool free Mac based capture program called Frame Thief.

I animated and shot this cute anime girl blinking. Since the light source is crappy I ran her through a batch action in Photoshop CS2 and upped the contrast to make the lighting orangy and weird. Not the best, but whatever. Now that I have the set up I can whip out nicer things.

No comments: