7.03.2012

BizBaz N' Peal!

I've been neglecting my blog for the week and never posted about the shows I did the weekend before last, mainly Bizarre Bazaar, which was a sweet wind tunnel of hell. I rarely do outdoor shows, in fact, I think this is the only outdoor show I do. Anyway, last year was a very blissful and calm in contrast to the insane struggle this year to keep everything on my table from blowing out into the car riddled road.

In short, it is time for me to get a tent!

You can't control the wind or the tree that wants to litter all of it's blossom corpse pieces all over your beautiful ring display. I know I'm not the first to battle the elements in the midst of being a merchant: the first year I started doing this, I did a small fair in Northampton where there was a gentleman selling beautiful glass figures he made. The chief piece on his display was a gorgeous octopus which mid-day was gathered up in the table cloth that inflated like a sail with a rogue gust and smashed on the ground below. No, I can thankfully say I made it out unscathed save half my business cards blowing into the wind (free advertisement!). Anyway, next year I plan to be fully tented. :)

Kudos to those who put on the Bizarre Bazaar Union Made show! Crafty staff handed out goody bags to vendors complete with an emergency contact number in case you needed help and I was regularly check in with to see how I things were going. I <3 them.

Oh yeah and I drew Emily Peal that night too... photos of the drawings and the Monster Masquerade coming soon.

TENTS!!!!

No comments: