4.07.2013

Southern Tour Part 3: MTAC Devil's Dozen

Our last leg of our Southern Tour was in Nashville TN at MTAC Devil's Dozen con at the Nashville Convention Center. This was around a 4-5,000 person con that I got invited to special by a scout at Katsucon in February. It lined up perfectly with our trip so we did it! I'm glad we did because it was an grand time! The citizens of Nashville were super sweet and we made a lot of new friends! 
On Friday night the NYC Japanese punk band GELATINE played in the main events ballroom. What a show! I got some video of the last bit of their performance: 
And there were lots of fun commissions: 


We had a suprise visit from Blake's sisters and neice!
There was also a horror convention going on in the same building and it was $10.00 for anyone associated with the anime convention to get in. So on Sunday I got a pass and went to visit Adrienne King who played Alice in Friday the 13th. I gave her a print of my illustration A Dream of Jason and she was so excited and so nice she autographed a poster and posed for a photo with me. :) This was by far the best part of the Nashville trip! And we both were in Nashville for the first time! 

After that I wish we had a TARDIS. We spent a total of 27.5 hours driving back to Boston from Sunday to Monday night. The best part was that our cats weren't even mad when we got back, so we bathed in cats. :)

The whole trip was really wonderful and we are truly thankful to every one who we met or visited. I hope we can do something similar next year that involves DRAGON CON. ;)



No comments: