4.25.2011

AB'11


I just concluded my third year in the Artist Alley at Anime Boston and I am whiped out. I drew around 50 portraits this past weekend and now my southpaw is as tender as a new born child, but as always it was well worth it and totally a blast. It was very satisfying to hear that getting a portrait drawn from me is turning into a many con-goers tradition and it was great to see lots of familiar faces and friends!

In addition to drawing up a small cyclone and getting my nerd on hardcore, I scored this sweet oil painting of Godzilla from Matt Matt who also drew a nice portrait of me (which I will be scanning later). In return I'll be drawing up a storm of commissions for him, but got the ball rolling with a demonic Matt portrait!

Thanks to all who stopped by and got portraits done (and special thanks to Calvin Falk and his friends and family for commissioning the most portraits from me this year - "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY") and extra thanks to friends Kelsey Rae and CT for lending me some of their table- without them I would have missed out on the Artist Alley this year (thanks to relocating to Boston and AA sign ups a whole three months early). I can't wait for next year! I have a lot more conventions coming up for this season- next up is the Maine Comic Arts Festival in Portland! See you there!



See the rest of this years and all other past portraits in my facebook gallery and don't forget to tag yourself!

No comments: