4.04.2011

2011 conventions


I'm working on quite a nice tour of conventions this year. I just confirmed a sweet 12 foot space at Anime Next for June, will be in Portland twice and have atleast nice foot of table space for Anime Boston at Kelso's table. It's going to be a good year...

Above is me back in 2001 at Mikkakan, my very first convention. My mum helped me sew my San costume and I vanned down with a small pack of nerd friends. It was a teeny convention, but it was great! I've been around to see a lot of small conventions take off in the past 10 years, including having attended the first years of Anime Boston and Connecticon... I'm an old Otaku now. The American Anime scene has changed a lot since the days of buying $30.00 dubbed VHS of Grave of the Fireflies and Ninja Scroll, making 3rd generation fansubs of the Sailor Moon movies and collecting what precious few anime-artifacts one could find at Hot Topic. I still long for the days of good ol' 80's and 90's anime and I get giddy when I see a Ryoga coslayer, but I'm happy to be apart of the Otaku scene and influence the new generation of Aninerds directly!

No comments: